Saturday, May 22, 2010

Halcyon Goes to Cross Industries

Well, today I found out about a great opportunity for the students at Halcyon. I should have been paying more attention earlier in the week but such is life. I volunteered to help Fayrechilde with a mentoring program she was putting together. I managed to snap some photos of the trip which consisted of a tour of their MC facility as well as their MC headquarters.

The photo includes Alex Cross, Jason Smith, and "Hot Spot" from Cross Industries. I failed to get Hot Spot's name. Also in the picture, from Halcyon, were myself, Romi, Kes, Rose, and Fay.

Included in the above photo are more students who attended. Ash and is one new comer and in the back, Fay is talking to Yoru.


In this photo, we Mr. Cross and company explaining various operations of this particular facility. It was an interesting discussion of armours and manufacturing processing.

Above are better pictures of Hot Spot, Mr. Cross, and Mr. Smith. Also included are Mr. Smith's demonstration of his armour techniques. A few of the girls found Mr. Smith to be... interesting.


The armour technologies were quite interesting, if not a bit over my head. But I digress. The next photo was taken in the Cross Industries headquarters. It show several students listening intently to Mr. Cross.


Below is a panoramic shot of Mr. Cross and the assembled Halcyon/Cross Industries groups. It was quite impressive to be part of.

And now the aftermath of the day's festivities. Some of the students got a little listless and there were a few party crashers. But all in all, it was an interesting, informative day. I hope it leads to a lot of good interaction between our two groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment