Saturday, May 8, 2010

Givin' it another go...

Well, my last foray into the online world didn't go so well. Or rather, I kinda forgot about it completely. So I figured I'd just get rid of the old and start over fresh. For those who don't have me in a class, I teach several of the English language courses at the school as well as some of the literature classes.

I'm from Louisiana so if my proper English seems a little slurred from time to time, it's most likely my cajun accent. I speak French and cajun, which is French with a lot of slangin' and slurrin'. I love nothin' more than an evenin' out for a few beers and some crawfish and boudin.

I'm about as laid back a professor can be. It is, afterall, about teachin' the students and how can ya do that with strict rules and students who fail to engage due to somethin' so silly as tradition? I'm gonna post some pics of the Doc from his travels. It will hopefully help other would-be heroes understand what's out there and prepare to deal with it.

Oh yes... If you notice my talkin' about the Doctor Fahrenheit persona in the third person from time to time, I'm not schizophrenic. I simply understand that while the Doc is Marcus Rankine, Marcus Rankine is much more than just a superhero who shoots fire and flies around the sky. I can separate the two and that's something that I would recommend that everyone learn to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment